Get the most out of your learning
Please read these guidelines to get the most out of the Writer Toolkit, whether you're doing the session on your own or with a group.
Before you start
- You will need a consistent internet connection to take the module.
- If you are hearing impaired, you can switch on the closed captions.
- Allow yourself sufficient time and space. We suggest up to 1 hour to complete the core module. There is more material you can look at in your own time.
- Have your writing materials ready (whether pen/paper or an on-screen document) to take notes and/or complete the exercises.
While you're completing the module
- We recommend you watch the videos in order. You can start and stop as you need to take notes or rewind to watch again.
- You can complete the exercises during the session or at the end.
- If you need to stop midway, you can login later and pick up where you left off!
- Closed captions (subtitles) are available if you need to use them. Click on the 'CC' button at the bottom right side of the video.
- You can also search the video using this function if you want to return to a specific point.
Want to do it as a group?
- Well you can!
- Our modules have been designed to work for individuals and groups.
- You will need a room set up with a big screen, good speaker that everyone can hear, and table arranged to allow discussion and good viewing.
- We recommend you allow up to one hour for the core modules. There are supplementary exercises which you could do together after the modules.
- Completing the exercises as a group provides a great opportunity to discuss learnings or even share your work with each other.
If you have any other questions or technical difficulties please get in touch.